Online betting is an extremely competitive market with many big-name companies competing for your business. Basically, every company is trying to offer a unique, rewarding experience to turn you into a full-time member of their betting community. Luckily for people like you, the primary strategy of these companies is to offer lots and lots of bonuses. With the right knowledge and strategy, these bonuses can be very cost-effective and are often the reason a player signs up for a particular sportsbook.
Yet, these bonuses can seem overwhelming if you don’t know much about betting or the industry itself. There is betting jargon and technical betting language everywhere. But after reading this article, you will be able to better understand the finer details of what a betting bonus is and how to make the most of them. It doesn’t take much to grasp the idea of betting bonuses, so you’ll soon be claiming and making bets like an experienced punter in no time at all.
The Battle of the Betting Bonuses
Betting bonuses can be broken down into two top-level categories. These are welcome betting bonuses for new customers signing up and loyalty betting bonuses for those who are already members. So, bookmakers need to offer new players attractive opportunities and, at the same time, try to provide attractive incentives to keep the heads of loyal customers from turning.
Now we know why betting sites promote various betting bonuses, let’s look at your side of the table and what you need to consider before claiming a bonus. Because let’s face it, free betting money always sounds like a great idea, but unfortunately, not every betting bonus is worth claiming. But it only takes a few moments to check the key details before taking on a new bonus promotion.
Important Terms & Conditions That You Need to Understand
Terms and conditions determine the quality and overall value of any bonus. Don’t worry if you are new to this, though. After claiming one or two, you’ll soon understand which bonuses are good and bad. You can then roam the online betting sites and pick out the right bonuses for you and your betting style.
Here are the key bonus terms and conditions that you should look out for:
- Wagering requirements – Do you need to wager your bonus winnings before you can withdraw the money? This may be 5x, 10x, or more: the higher the number, the less friendly the bonus.
- Deposit limits – How much do you need to deposit to trigger the bonus? If it’s beyond your budget, maybe it’s worth looking for another bonus to claim – always bet within your budget.
- Bet requirements – Make sure the bonus money can be used on the betting markets you want to bet on. There is no point claiming a bonus if you can’t use it to bet on your preferred sports.
What Are the Best Betting Bonuses Available Right Now?
Sportsbooks now promote various bonuses, from simple free bets to more in-depth bet type specials. Often, the sports you want to bet on will dictate the type of bonus available to you. You might be able to find free bet clubs that provide one or several free bets every week or month. Or you might come across specials surrounding a major tournament or event. Only through experience and trying some of these bonuses will you learn which ones are right for you. We also recommend comparing bonuses at the new Canadian betting portal CaBets.ca.
Read on as we highlight some of the most popular betting bonuses available to CA betting fans right now:
- Deposit Match & Free Bets – Make a deposit, and the sportsbook will match the amount with bonus money to bet with. This bonus could be general betting money or multiple single bets on specific betting markets or events. You’ll usually find these in welcome deals.
- Free Bet Clubs – Bet Clubs usually come with a few requirements, but free bets will come your way every week or month if you meet them. These bets are usually wager-free, which means you keep the profit when you win (the bet amounts are usually given back to the bookie, though).
- Special Promotions – Perhaps the most exciting part about bonuses is the special promotions that come and go. You could find bet boosts on specific events or extra places on a horse racing event. The possibilities are almost endless, and the big sportsbooks always have a lot to offer.
Final Thoughts on Betting Bonuses
The online sportsbook world is full of betting bonuses. Bookmakers seek to attract new customers and retain their existing members with all types of tempting and unique offers. These promotions are a great way for you to get valuable experience as well as helping to build a profit for your betting strategy. Remember, you should only claim those bonuses that suit your budget and betting strategy. So, now you know what to look out for, why don’t you explore the world of online sportsbooks and find your next bonus?